What is the Paleo Lifestyle
|Click Here For Snack Ideas|
Well it’s believed that many of our common health problems today are because of the way we eat. All too often we are eating extremely unhealthy, from fast food to packaged processed foods we eat at home.
The Paleo Diet, also called the Caveman Diet, takes us back thousands of years to a diet used by our ancient ancestors. They had a basic diet, eating lean meats that they hunted on their own, gathering the basic staples like seeds and roots. They didn’t have microwave ovens, they barely had fire, and cooked with basic tools in order to survive.
It is basically giving up a lot of modern day foods that we take for granted, but may be contributing to the demise of our health. It does take a commitment, since you are eliminating a lot of basics that a regular person would consume every day without even thinking twice about what these foods are doing to their bodies.
Milk, any other kind of dairy products, bread, sugar and other processed foods, these are just some of the many items that are gone. They are replaced by food that a caveman would be eating, lean meats, fish and other seafood, seeds and nuts, etc. No more coffee or drinking soda, you would be drinking water, and if you wanted juice, then you would have to buy your own juicer and make it yourself.
The benefits definitely outweigh any drawbacks however.
- For one, in the long run this diet can be much cheaper than other diets, since it consists of basic food sources.
- It would lower your risk for a number of health problems.
- Some of these include Type ll Diabetes, heart disease, clearer skin, and a balance of energy.
These are just a few of the many health benefits. There would be a drastic reduction of the toxins in your body, making you feel better, have more energy and less stress quite quickly. You will burn more fat over the course of the day, losing weight and getting more energy.
Changing to this diet would take a lot of commitment, since you would be eliminating many foods you eat on a normal basis:
- You wouldn’t be able to drink your morning coffee, or have that cheese burger.
- You can have salad, but you wouldn’t be able to put any dressing on it.
- You can have an assortment of meat, but you wouldn’t be able to have that battered or coated chicken or fish like you may want too. You wouldn’t be able to eat any bread, so no sandwiches.
- Going to a fast food place for lunch, out of the question.
In order to understand the Paleo lifestyle better, there are several different online resources to help you.
You may wonder how you are going to be able to create meals using this diet that are good to eat, that you are going to be able to make, and there are numerous cookbooks available that use this diet.
In the end it is up to you to decide if you can make a commitment to this diet, if you can benefit from it, and if it will work for you.
How To Get Started
Explore the links below to explore three of the top-rated products for jumpstarting and sustaining your Paleo lifestyle.
Google+Find us on Google+