Your Paleo Meal Plan Made Easy Peasy
|More recipe ideas here|
Why use a Paleo Meal Plan?
If you are new to the diet, you are well-advised to make a weekly Paleo meal plan for several reasons. First, you can make a shopping list of all the ingredients necessary for your meals including the snacks for the entire week, thus, lessening food wastage. Second, you will be less tempted to reach for unhealthy food and beverages because your meals and snacks are already laid out, so to speak.
Tips on making your first meal plan
As with most healthy meal plans, you may run into certain difficulties on your first try with the Paleo diet. But the good news is that you can make your first foray an easy-peasy one with the following tips.
1. Get Knowledgeable
Your first step in making your weekly Paleo meal plan is to know what’s allowed and what’s not allowed on the diet. Your meals from breakfast to dinner as well as snacks can then be planned according to its dietary requirements – high protein, low carbohydrate, and rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants from the following food sources:
• Organic beef, pork and poultry
• Wild-caught fishes like anchovies, tuna and sardines as well as shellfish like lobsters, crabs, and scallops
• Fresh fruits and vegetables with the exception of legumes and starchy tubers like potatoes, which should be consumed in moderation
• Nuts and seeds like cashews, almonds and pumpkin seeds
• Oils from avocado, coconut, and olives
• Beverages like coconut water, almond milk and green tea
From these ingredients, you can start planning your weekly Paleo meal plan and looking for the appropriate recipes. The latter should be easy considering the numerous online sites offering said recipes for interested individuals.
2. Make a Master List
If you live alone, making the meal plan should be easy since you only have your likes and dislikes to think of. But when you live with others who also want to be on the Paleo diet, you should ask everybody about their favorite meals, revise these meals in accordance with the diet’s requirements, and then incorporate these dishes into the meal plan.
Tip: Organize the master list according to categories such as: dishes, desserts and snacks as well as side dishes and salads; meat, fish and vegetarian; or easy to prepare and prepare overnight. This way, you can mix and match the items, thus, allowing for interesting combinations of food and beverages in your weekly Paleo meal plan.
3. Plan for all the Meals and Snacks
Keep in mind that this is a weekly meal plan so be sure to include everything in it – breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as snacks from Sunday to Saturday. Write the meal plan on paper, discuss it with your family members, and then finalize it before the week starts.
4. Helpful Ideas
- Make your meal plan based on the season, which means that you will have fresh food produce on the table and you can save on the affordable in-season products.
- Make your meal plan according to your expected schedule for the week, too, which means that you will be less pressured to prepare elaborate recipes on your busy days.
Here’s a Paleo meal plan you can use:
- Breakfast – Pumpkin muffins with fruits
- Lunch – Beef pot roast
- Dinner – Paleo pizza
Monday through Saturday
- Breakfast – Ham and applesauce; almond flour pancakes; eggs with avocado and salsa
- Lunch – Chef’s salad; coconut shrimp; spiny tuna salad
- Dinner – Chicken cutlets with tomatoes and olives; lamb patties; stir-fry beef salad
Basically, you should keep the food interesting!